Thursday, July 1, 2010

A break in the weather

Here in NC we are finally getting a break from the heat. After about 3 weeks with above average temperatures, 10 to 15 degrees above, we are actually slightly below average. Riding in the mornings around 70 degrees and the afternoon in the mid 80s is a big improvement.

Wednesday I spotted 3 rabbits and this little guy.


That is about a 6 inch long copperhead. He was crossing the trail and froze as I passed. I stopped and turned around to get this picture which is not as clear as I would like, but you can see him. I moved on and he was unmolested by me. Live and let live. This little guy needs to eat quite a few insects, frogs and lizards before he is big enough to threaten even the baby rabbits along the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment