Thursday, July 5, 2012

Sad Story

I hate that a tragic story has moved me to resume blogging, but I wanted to have this blog cover cycling issues in the Research Triangle Park and this story certainly fits.

On Wednesday July 4, Steven Jordan, the Director of the North Carolina Division of Mental Health Developmental Disabilities and Substance Abuse Services, was killed when he was hit from behind by an empty logging truck.

The driver of the truck, Clifton Paul Ellis, struck Steven Jordan from behind. Evidently Ellis could not move farther left because of traffic. I will save my comments for later.

This is a tragic accident and I will bring more information. I am waiting for the police report to be available online. Also I have been looking at Google maps and street view. I hope to show details of the area. I will also be reporting on what I can find on the process and decision from the Wake County District Attorney's Office.

No comments:

Post a Comment