Monday, March 22, 2010

Plane, Bus, Taxi, Bike

Last week I flew to Las Vegas for my day job. I wanted to post this from my iPhone but my iPhone chops were not up to it yet.So this is a little delayed. It was interesting day that reminded me of Planes, Trains and Automobiles although I didn't have to sleep with John Candy.

After a quick flight to Atlanta, I took the long flight to Las Vegas.

From Las Vegas
From the airport I took a bus to Caesar's Palace.

From Las Vegas
After settling in, I took a taxi to Pro Cyclery to pick up my rental bike.
From Las Vegas
My normal road ride is an 1987 Canondale touring bike, so the modern Jamis was an interesting ride.

From Las Vegas
An aluminum frame with carbon fiber fork and seat stays and a Shimano 105 20 speed drive train. I really enjoyed the brake shifters, but I think the wider handle bars were a little too wide for my tastes.

I brought various accessories to use on the Jamis. First my Crank Brothers egg beater pedals and of course the shoes to go with them. Most important was safety. Besides my helmet, I brought 4 lights - 2 front and 2 rear. The font lights are a Planet Bike Blaze 1 watt and a MagicShine 900. The rear lights are a Planet Bike Superflash and a Trek Flare 7. I run the Planet Bike lights on flash and the others on steady. Having two front and 2 rear also gives me back ups.

The last accessory was a new Biologic iPhone case. That let me carry my phone for emergencies, some pictures (which I will be posting) and a GPS since I was in unfamiliar territory.

I used a path I researched with some nice bike lanes and visited my aunt and then returned to the hotel.

From Las Vegas
More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment