Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Bike to Work Week: Tuesday

I don't think it was raining so much as the trees were still dripping this morning. The weight of the water made some limbs droop so that I had to dodge them. There was not too much debris on the trail. There was one tall but thin tree laying over most of the trail in one spot a large, apparently dead, limb almost completely across the trail in another spot. The first one appeared to have just slowly bent to the ground. The second one looked like it would have killed you if you had been under it.

I ran into two women cycling. They were riding down a residential road that I cross. I quick shouted exchange determined that they were riding as part of Bike to Work Week, but I did not get a chance to find out where they were headed. The next thing up the road they were on is a Middle School. They could have been teachers or they could have been going somewhere farther.

They are having a road ride at lunch tomorrow where I work, but I am sticking with the Bike to Work theme. I don't think I can keep up with the advertised 18 MPH pace on my commuter. Maybe I'll go over for the start just as a show of solidarity.

The ride home was on the cool side. Where was this cool weather Saturday when I was cooking on a metric century ride? I had to leave early, so I didn't see any other commuters.

No comments:

Post a Comment